Monday, February 9, 2009

Yesterday I spent the day having issues with myself. LOL I totally believe in Karma and bad JuJu (however you spell it, I'll Google later) . I've been scoping out a camera that I want but I can't really justify spending the money on it right now. I've been waiting for a "deal" because I'm the queen of cheap. I'll say it. I don't care. It physically hurts me to pay retail. The Hubbs is total opposite. He thinks "just buy it!". He'd rather buy name brand then store brand because he can tell the difference. Uh...no he can't! When he isn't around I buy generic/store brand and the man has not a clue. LOL He can notice my butt. Anyway...I find a woman selling the camera I want "for parts" for only $5. That would be an okay price if it were really broken! She describes that she dropped it and now the camera will try to power up but then turns itself off and the lens will not come out. I also dropped mine (well, Evan did) and it was doing the same thing. It sat on my desk for a year before I got tired of looking at it and was either going to fix it or throw it away (which would have killed me!). I picked it up, turned the lens a bit and it started working. I know she has only jammed it. I was not going to bid on it for fear of God burning down my house or something but since someone else bid she has to sell it now. I just feel bad because it's fixable. So that's what I did yesterday. I paced back and forth in front of Ebay, biting my nails and getting advice on what to do from others. I'm sure it isn't a big deal to most people but I'm weirded out by doing something that may bring bad luck. Whenever something bad happens I scroll through my brain to try and figure out what the hell I did that may have caused the dreaded luck. More times then not I have a list of things that could have caused it. LOL

I bought Mr. Green last night. Mr. Green is a plant. I haven't had a live plant for years because since having Izabella (7yrs ago) every time I do get a live plant it has died d/t neglect because I've been busy with the kids and just forget the darn thing is there or I forget that it's real and not fake. So, with much thought given (and a family meeting), we've decided to adopt Mr. Green and hope that he doesn't get murdered. The Hubbs was against the adoption but he was out numbered and lost the battle.
We named him Mr. Green because, for some reason, we name everything. Our Christmas tree is named Webster. We are a family that loves to personalize and humanize everything. Mr. Green is on the coffee table so I don't forget about him. He is a "him" because a few of his leaves were dirty when we bought him. LOL Mr. Green was also very cheap. All the other plants there were a flat $5 but Mr. Green was sitting off all by himself and since I always go for the underdog he caught my eye. We scanned him and he was only $3! Yes! Another steal! I'll have to get a picture of Mr. Green up some time today. His dirt was bone dry when I picked him up so if he dies within the next week it soooo isn't my fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment