Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday Monday!


Whew! I haven't been here in a few days. I've been busy, busy, busy with my photography stuff. First of all here is my new baby! Isn't she pretty? I absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on this camera. The shutter speed is....OMG!!! Really, I don't deserve this. Oh yes I do! DH will have to be home because I may neglect the kids for a few hours while I play. DH wants me to do a shoot with him and some of his friends that are coming up from Cinci to hunt. They want photos of their dogs (and them) in full on hunting mode. Okay, here's the problem with that. I like nature and all that stuff but I'm not too keen on actually tromping through the briers and mud. My butt could totally use the uphill action but I don't think me getting dirty and scratched up is necessary. Not to mention I'll be surrounded by beagles. Anyone who knows me knows how much I do not enjoy hanging with the beagles. Oh, that darn howling, whiney bark of theirs! And when you get 20 of them together...fuggetaboutit.
I don't know.
I'll see.
I'm going to try to talk them into staying up by the road where it's not so wildernessy. (<--- I totally just made that word up. ) I more enjoy doing cute little babies and kids anyway.

So I said I was busy, one of the things is getting my photography site up and going. I did one but I can't stand the look of it and may get rid of it and find another hosting site. It's just so yuck. I've also been working on pricing, seeing as how I want to be very cheap, that's a challenge. I'd like to make enough to pay some bills with it, but some (okay, most) photographers are priced to pay off their mortgage. It's crazy. I enjoy doing it but I am kind of tired of doing freebies. Well, my freebies have been mostly for family so....I wouldn't charge them anyway. I'm not looking for mega bucks but I do want the camera to pay for itself! Have I mentioned how much I love my Canon? I do. I really do.
Ok, getting weird now. Moving on.

My poor Izabella was sick Thurs. and Fri. of last week. It started with a headache, went into a stomach ache and ended with diarhea. Missing Thurs. was okay but I feel bad she missed Friday because that was her Valentines party at school.
Poor thing.
I made her Valentines for her this year and she helped me design them. She brought them in today but it would have been nice if she could have enjoyed the party with her friends.
Here is the Valentine I made for her.



She made it to school today. The weekend came along and she got better. Hmmm, funny how that works isn't it. LOL No, she was really sick with a fever. So she gets better and last night Evan started getting it. I knew he was getting sick because it was 7pm and he was sleeping on the couch! Evan NEVER takes a nap. Ever. Unless, of course, he's sick.
I knew what was coming so I woke him up and had him take his shower. I didn't want him not having a bath if he was about to get sick on me for 2 days.
He gets out of the shower and says that his belly hurt. I tell him to come over to me so I could feel his head. He comes over to me and there's no fever. He sits on the couch and says, "No really. My stomach hurts really bad." Then he looks at me and vomits all over the place! I was holding Gabby when this happened so I'm trying to hold her and hurry up and lean over to where he was sitting and make sure he doesn't get my couch. LOL I keep a blanket on the couch (where our butts go) in case of spills, dirty shoes....vomiting! Thank goodness that blanket was there because the couch came out of it perfect.
After he gets all cleaned up I had DH bring out his little toddler bed and place it next to the couch so I could watch him all night. I was scared he may choke if he would vomit in his sleep.
I had 3 pair of clothes, 2 wash clothes and a towel ready just incase we had a midnight episode. Thankfully we never had that midnight episode. It's now the next night and he never did vomit again. He did get a fever 2x since but childrens ibuprofen took care of that and by the time Izabella came home from school today he was back to his old, noisy, jumping around the house self. Just to be sure though he is sleeping in the living with me again. These fevers like to come in the middle of night for some reason. I'm sure he'll be fine. He didn't have it half as bad as Izabella did and I can only pray that Gabby doesn't get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment