Friday, February 6, 2009

It could be the fact that I drank an entire pot of coffee this morning I'm not sure. All I know is that within the last hour my nerves are on edge. It's been a pleasant day up to this point and I'm going to try my best not to let my raw nerves get the best of me. Evan has been playing School of Rock all day. He loves the movie, I get that, but dear God in heaven find another movie already. He's banged the drums, clashed the cymbals and then clashed the cymbals some more...just when I got the baby to sleep. He's jumping all over the furniture and I've told him repeatedly to NOT. He's whined, cried and accidentally said the word "shit". That was my fault though. I said it this morning and he repeated (hours later) the same phrase I said but said it so quickly he forgot to change the "sh*t" to "poop". The poor kid thought I was going to kill him. I told him that accidents happen and it was okay. I then had to leave the room because I was laughing so hard. He really needs to go outside but it's been so cold. Today it's in the 40's but he refuses to go out. Not even for his 4-wheeler. He just wants to bounce off the walls. He's not trying to annoy me but I'm pretty sure the coffee in my system is causing my irritation. I think tomorrow I'll cut it back to a half a pot.

So I go and spend $75 on a swing for Gabriella (on sale from $99...Yessssss!) and she sits in it one time and falls asleep and it was so nice to have my arms free. She looked so nice and comfy, so peaceful and like I said my arms were free! Even now as I type this I have a pillow on my lap and she's sleeping on the pillow. Most times I have to type with one hand and I'm really getting good at it. But anyway, this girl is totally on to me. She will let me put her in her swing and she'll look at me and raise an eyebrow like "move, I dare you, and I will scream!", and she does just that. This afternoon I was able to very easily lay her down in it and she snoozed for about 5 minutes and then she wakes up, looks around and just belts out her loudest scream. I really dread going through the toddler years again with a girl. That scream is enough to break glass. Most people can get things done when their baby is sleeping but mine knows when I put her down. So basically the swing was a waste of money. She'll sit in it and smile while I'm standing over her but the minute I walk away it's on!

I'm going to enjoy my sleeping baby while I can. Evan has just bundled up and went outside!! I hope he burns some of that energy up. He needs to run up and down the driveway about 10 times. I'm off to surf the net while I can. Maybe find the Obama speech I missed last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment