Saturday, April 18, 2009

I didn't get to bed again until the wee hours of the morning. I was up finishing my latest creation. It's newborn size. I would do this stuff in the daytime but
1)the kids are awake and I have to do the Mommy thing and
2)the kids are awake and it's hard to crotchet when the kids are running around and the baby needs to be taken care of.
Okay, I'm thinking now that #2 is the same as #1. Either way, you have to count and keep track of what your doing and where you are and I can't do that in the day time.

This beanie is called the 'Ella Beanie'. I named it after my niece. It was meant for her originally until I made it in cotton and realized that it will not stretch. I have to add more and increase it to her head size. I would use yarn for it, which would stretch much more, but my sister has a fear of yarn. It's all very weird. She can't chew it. Why she feels that she may accidently chew on it is beyond me but it's a fear she's had since I can remember and she will not put "yarn" on her kids. Apparently, they also, may chew it. So...while trying to respect her irrationally fear of yarn I did not realize that the cotton would not give much. So the Ella Beanie is going in my Etsy shop and I will have to try again.





No comments:

Post a Comment