Thursday, April 16, 2009

Ahhh, my evening is over. Thank goodness. A PTO meeting. Let's just say I tried everything to stay awake during that thing. Talk about torture. The room was so hot! You would think they could open a window or turn on the AC but noooo. Let the parents just sit in the room and suffer! On a side note, the school got new playground equipment. I never even noticed. I'll have to make a mental note to check it out.

For the school program tonight all the parents were asked to bring in a dozen cookies. I usually go to the bakery and get nice cookies but Mama wasn't feeling it tonight and with everything I had going on (and that headache!) they are lucky I got cookies at all. So I decide to make a quick stop at a little grocery store on the way. Well, apparently other moms had the same idea because we all walked in at the same time and headed for the bakery. I made it there in 2nd place (I was totally keeping score) and mom #1 looked at the selection then got greedy and walked around to the other side to see what else they had (nothing but pies there Sweety, LOL) so I do a quick scan of the selection and go right in for the cookies with the M&M's in it. They were the best there and I grabbed them just as mom #3 & 4 come around the turn. By then Mom #1 realized she goofed and she should have stayed where she was. I lifted my prize of M&M cookies (for all 3 moms to see) and say, "Hmmm, M&M chocolate chip...I'm sure the kids will like these."

(Bitchy mom smirk and turn).

LMAO!! Anyone who knows moms like mom #1, 3 and 4 know what I'm saying and would have done the same thing. I wasn't in the mood to play their "who's gonna get the best cookies" game. I just went in there and kicked soccer mom butt. Dad's wouldn't get this but moms....you totally do.
So we got to the program and it was great. All about being "GREEN" and saving the planet from ourselves. Evan cried everytime the kids would sing another song..."They are singing ANOTHER sonnnnnng???" I was thinking the same thing but I'm not about to say it. LOL

All in all it was great, glad it's over, can't wait for the next PTO meeting and/or program.
Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment