Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ah! I have my morning cup of the strongest coffee I could make.They reall should sell a coffee maker with a jumbo size coffee grain holder, that way you add a double pot to one pot. I would only have to drink one actual cup but it would be as strong as 2 or 3 cups at once. :o) I'm so bloody clever. I'm the person who sprinkles coffee grains on my ice cream in the summer time because it's too hot for a cup of coffee. No...I'm not that nuts. I've only done it a few times and if you don't put the ice-cream in a blender to make it a coffee flavored ice-cream you just get yuck! And it's funny that I've went YEARS without drinking coffee on a regular basis and then since having Gabriella I'm back to my early 20's crazy coffee drinking self. I didn't even know where my coffee maker was for a long time and then one day I ran into it while cleaning out a cabinet and I thought to myself,
'Oh!You. I will wash you off and maybe buy come coffee.'
And now I'm back to being a coffee nut...or bean rather. For a real caffiene kick try the chocolate covered coffee beans. Sooo good but soooo bad for your butt. If you buy a bag you should really only have one a day, okay two but that's it!

Okay, enough about coffee.
Okay?
Or O.K.?
What the heck is the difference? I'm going to have to Google that one. Is O.K. just for casual writing? If you want to sound better educated you type "okay"? No, I would think if you are highly educated you would think of something else to say altogether.

Yesterday we had a lot of rain but there was about an hour or two where the clouds went away and the sun was shining. That is when I decided to take my 6 little chickens out of their brooder and put them in a cage (on the ground) out in the yard. I wanted them to pick and scratch and enjoy the day rather then be in that lighted box with the wire floor. So I put all their little chicken butts into a bucket and start putting them one by one into the cage on the ground (I think it's a rabbit cage but I don't know. We have like 20 of them that dh uses to transport his quail). So they are all happy, stretching their wings (yet a bit freaked by the sunlight and open air) and they are chirping away, making all sorts of noise. I reach in the bucket to get the last chicken out and out of nowhere one of our cats come and in one movement he slides his paw into the cage, grabs a chicken, pulls him halfway through the cage and chomps down on the chickens leg! Thank God I was in arms length of that nasty feline because I went into "choke the cat" mode. I didn't really choke the cat but I did hold his neck down on the ground until he gave the chicken up. He lets go of the chicken and stupid me thought he would just walk away so I start trying to push the screaming chick back into the cage the way he came out (he was stuck in the bars good) and out of nowhere the cat comes back! He grabs the chicken again and that's when I decided that there was only one way to take care of this cat...catapult! I send him flying towards the pond and hoping he hits the water so he would be nice and wet and side-tracked with the fact that he was soaked. No, he hit the ground (not hurt for all you PETA'S out there) but he got the message and moved on.
Ok, this is getting long...
I moved all the chickens back in to the brooder, baby chicken nugget is fine. No blood and everything seems to be working alright. I'm not sure what's going to happen once the chickens are out on their own with the darn country cats we have. I may have to send dh and Evan out there with their (PETA'S cover your ears...I mean shut your eyes) with their BB guns.:o/ No! I wouldn't do that. Evan is not allowed to shoot at anything but his target. DH on the other hand.... :o)

That's it for now. My coffee cup is empty and I need to check my Etsy while baby is still sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment