Monday, May 4, 2009

Church and Typos. I was tired. EXCUSE me. LOL

What a day!
Skipped church.
Well, I usually skip church. I may go once a month or once every other month. The Hubbs takes the kids (I think he's trying to ease them to his side). I don't mind where they go. As long as it's a Christian church I'm good. At the same time it is not my religion. It is his. I am Catholic and the first time I walked into "his" church I was really in shock that there was no crucifix on the wall. There is a tiny picture of Jesus over the alter. That's it. I realize that you do not need all that to have a good church and this church really is SUPERB but it irritates the hell out of me (no pun intended) that the crucifix is not there. I need to see my Jesus hanging from the cross! Either way, I go to this church because it's close to the house, the people are so very nice, I like the Preacher (I think that's what they call him. Maybe Pastor? Are they the same thing? I'm not sure. In my church he is called 'Father'.
So I was in the church on Easter Sunday. The Preacher gave a great sermon like he always does but the irritation of no crucifix was still there. I told The Hubbs that we should probably buy the church one (it's a little country church). I said that I could find a really nice one and give it to them and stay anonymous. Then I started thinking that it may not only be an insult to them but maybe only Catholics recognize the crucifix on a daily basis? :Make a mental note to Google that.: If that's the case they can just continue using their picture I guess.
Another thing is that you don't NEED a crucifix to recognize God and Jesus. This is why I don't go to church every Sunday. I can do all my religious thinking right here at the house and God can hear me just fine. I had way too much religion (churches really) growing up and going to Catholic school. LOL I remember my first day in public school (Jr. High). What a wake up to society that was!
My kids on the other hand go to church almost every Sunday. They need religion. Believe me.

Babbling.

So we skipped church and went to the mall instead. Shhhhhh! We actually went to Applebees instead and then went to the mall. I love the mall on Sunday's. Nobody is there! Our mall sucks anyway but either way, it was nice an quiet. I hate (HATE) going to the mall and seeing people I know. A quick hello and how are you doing is great. Do I want to hear every detail of your life since we last saw each other? Hell no. If I were to ask just to be polite I can see where you may be confused but you will not hear me ask.
The Hubbs on the other hand...O...M...G!!!! The man knows everybody and will stop and talk to everybody. He's a damn social butterfly and it agitates me. I went to the jewelry store...."aren't you so & so's mom?" Hey!!! How is he doing?" As soon as he did that I left. I've learned to leave him...alot. I used to stand there and be polite and smile and nod my head but not anymore. After 17 yrs the shit gets old. I'm outta there. When he's done he'll find me. Before kids it wasn't so bad but when there are 3 kids standing around getting grumpy...nope. Sorry.

Walked away from the blog. Lost my train of thought. Done. I think sometimes I drag on too much anyway.

NEW BLOG POST ON COUNTRY KNIT COCOON! CLICK

No comments:

Post a Comment