Monday, March 9, 2009

Tpyed this without checking spelling or mistakes. If you find one just act like you didn't see it and continue reading until you find the next one. I'm too tired to proof-read and I'm not on FireFox for spelling corrections.

I saw the weridest thing today.

We drove to the elementary school to pick Izabella up and, while there, to get Evan's Kindergarten registration papers. **Oh! That poor boy has to get 5 shots before going into kindergarten!!** So we leave there and decide to take the long way home. Halfway home we decide to turn around and head to Byesville for Wally's Pizza...well!...on the way into Byesville we passed a house that had all sorts of stuff out in the yard. There were about 20-40 plastic bins, trash cans and stuff just layed out in this yard. Me, being the nib-shit that I am, had an external thought of, "What the hell is all that?".

So I say to the Hubbs, did you see that?
What's going on?
A yardsale? No. It's way too early for that.
Spring cleaning?
Is she getting rid of it?
Did her house flood?

I love old things and I love to find little "treasures". In my eyes they are "treasures" in the Hubbs' eyes...trash. Anyway, we leave it at that and my mind wonders on to the next thing. Then on the way back I see it again. I say, "What the heck is going on there? I want to go through all that stuff!!!". LOL The Hubbs informs me that it is all trash and I ask how he knows this and then he proceeds to tell me that him and his friend stopped at that house a few weeks ago to get permission to rabbit hunt on the property and he got a good look at the stuff and that it was just trash (it's hard to tell that from where I was). So I'm sitting there pretty bummed to find out it was literally trash and I say, "Surely there has to be some "something" in all that stuff." and he says, "Well go ask her. She's sitting in her car." I look over and see no car so I asked him what the heck he was talking about because there was no car there. He informs me that yes, there is a car but I just can't see it form the road. It's parked on the other side of her garage and she's sitting in it. So I ask him how he knows this and he said that she's ALWAYS in her car. Just sitting there. Of course I tell him that he's a nut job and he's full of it so he turns the truck around and drives me past her house and

O...M...G!!!

There was a car sitting behind the garage and YES! there was a woman sitting in it.
Okay, not only was I totally freaked out about this and bewildered beyond belief but then I started thinking...why? He told me he does not know why. The day him and his friend stopped there he went to the door, got no answer and then his friend pointed to the car where she sat. She never even made an attempt to find out who and why someone was knocking at her door. He walked over and she rolled down the window. Questioned him as to why he wanted to hunt there, was very nice and gave them permission. They went back a few days later and there she sat early in the morning...in her car. When they left hours later she was still sitting there ....in her car. Now for some reason him and his friend saw nothing wrong with this picture. I, on the other hand, am totally unsettled by this. Apparently there is a man who stays in the house. The car does work as he has seen her driving around town. But the car is full of trash and there is only a tiny spot for her to sit. The woman (old woman at that) obviously has issues of some sort (ya think?) and I really feel bad for her and I don't know how I'm supposed to just act like she is not just sitting in her car every time I pass by her house. If she were a younger woman doing this I would just leave it alone but an elderly lady doing someting like this is just making me feel like it's just not right. I can see myself putting my nose where it doesn't belong with this situation. I mean, did she do this all winter? Is there no room in the house for her? Is the man in the house not letting her in? Is she scared of him? Does anyone check on her? I doubt it!

What really GETS ME is the fact that two healthy men would approach this woman, get permission to hunt on her property...go back days later and find her in the same situation...hunt and then leave like it's all normal. "Pay no attention to the woman in the car" type thing. If this woman is in her right mind and wants to sit in her car all day then by all means she should sit and be happy but if there is an underlying medical problem then something should be done. Obviously, she's a hoarder from the looks of her property and car.

I don't know. I'm just thinking in blog. It's not my job to intrude on someone else's life but then that's the problem with our world. No one likes to get involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment