Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ow, Ow, Ow!

My poor fingers. I have knitters fingers at the moment. Okay, so a few weeks ago I taught myself how to knit with needles. I watched a YouTube video and was knitting by the next day. I decided to make Izabella a scarf. That isn't hard at all! I've been working on it here and there. Stealing a minute or so. Waiting for Gabriella to fall asleep so that I can pick it up and do a few rows before she wakes up again. My fingers look alright. They are just as straight as they were before I started knitting but OMG! they feel like they are all crooked and twisted and I expect to see nothing but tissue and nerve-endings when I look down at them. LOL Yeah, I know the visual is gross but that's how they feel. Either way, I've been grinning and bearing the pain for the love of making a scarf for my daughter (even though The Hubbs keeps asking what in the hell she's going to do with a scarf in July, which is his estimated time for it to be done). I told him to just shut it or I'd make one for him also!
Damnit.
Then!....Then! I discover the knitting looms! WTF? This whole time I'v been crippling my fingers and the same night I bought the loom I made two freakin' hats!! And then Izabella started making one! And a scarf can be made in an hour or less!
Cruel.

Now I've discovered with the loom that the knit is not as tight as with the needles but that may also be because I'm using a thinner yarn. I've watched tut's and their hats/whatever are much thicker d/t the yarn they are using.

I'm still going to use the needles (since it's not cheating!) but I will be using the looms much more I'm sure. I will upload my hats tomorrow maybe. They are still on the camera and it's almost like work right now to get them off. I'm not sure if I've posted the scarf on here yet but I will gain just in case I didn't. The picture I'm going go show of the scarf is like day 3 of working on it. It's almost done now but I don't want to drag out the camera for that either. I'll just show the older pic of it for now.


Going to finish my Sierra Mist right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment