Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ok, so my last post was a little postal. I find this person who very blatantly copied my work. Used the same everything including the name of my item. She didn't even have the smarts to change the name. Even the description of her item was word for word what my description said. Even using the little smilies I used!! My knee-jerk reaction was to contact her and then skin her. I did neither. I did scream when first finding it though. That just came out of nowhere and I didn't even know it was coming. So...over the past few days I have calmed down. I've been told to embrace it because copying is a sign of admiration and I should feel flattered. Uh, no. I don't. Either way, I've decided that no matter what, my product is not only the original but it is also made better and WAY cheaper then her knock-off. Aren't knock-off's supposed to be cheaper?? Hmm. Karma will bite her ass so I'm stepping back.

There is nothing I can do about it anyway other then just complain. BUT... reading THIS helped bunches. Sent to me by a fellow Etsian who has also been copied from. A great read and also gives a different spin on having your work copied.

Don't get me wrong. I still want to cut her but I will just go ahead and feel sorry that she is so talentless that she resorts to taking someone elses hard work and even thoughts and claim that as her own.

Ah...Breath...


P.S.
so sad that my MOD hats are not moving faster then they are. Only 2 have sold and I only have $7 sent to them. I will NEVER reach my goal of $300! I must regroup and think of another item.

No comments:

Post a Comment